3M File Belt Sander (18 in.)
Our 3M File Belt Sanders for Body Repair features the technology and versatility of our metalworking belt sanders in a size that’s ideal for automotive collision repair.
Our 3M File Belt Sanders for Body Repair features the technology and versatility of our metalworking belt sanders in a size that’s ideal for automotive collision repair. This narrow-profile tool is excellent for cutting in tight areas, including cutting, dressing and refining spot welds as well as blending and finishing. This file belt sander is designed for use with 3M Cubitron II abrasives.
Bringing the reliability and versatility of our heavy-duty file belt sanders for metalworking into the collision repair shop, our 3M File Belt Sanders for Body Repair features a light weight and a narrow profile that makes it ideal for automotive work. This automotive file belt sander fits smoothly into your hand and into your auto repair schedule. It operates at .65 HP (495W) and weighs just 2 lbs. — plenty of power and excellent maneuverability for a range of jobs including spot weld removal. In many cases, the belt sander can replace a traditional spot weld drill. It is also great for efficient hem flange removal, surface prep, urethane, seam sealer and weld clean-up.
- Lightweight file belt sander is ideal for cutting and finishing work in body repair
- Powerful .65 horsepower motor is excellent for collision repair applications
- Light 2-lb. weight makes for greater maneuverability and less operator fatigue
- Rotatable housing allows for use in a versatile range of tight spaces
- Designed for use with 3M Cubitron II Abrasive Belts